What is this? You wanted me to take you to the war.
This is it. So, where are the Germans? A couple hundred yards across the field. – Their trench is…
– Watch out! Chief! It’s good to see you! Oi! Chief’s back! He’s back! All right, let’s move! – Diana, we have to go.
– We need to help these people. We have to stay on-mission. The next safe crossing
is at least a day away. – What are we waiting for?
– We cannot leave without helping them. These people are dying. They have nothing to eat,
and in the village… – Enslaved, she said!
– I understand that. Women and children! We need to make our
next position by sundown. How can you say that?
What is the matter with you? This is No Man’s Land, Diana! It means no man can cross it, all right? This battalion has been
here for nearly a year and they barely gained an inch. Because, on the other side,
there are a bunch of Germans pointing machine guns at every
square inch of this place. This is not something you can cross.
It’s not possible. So what? So, we do nothing? No, we are doing something.
We are. – We just…
– Steve. We can’t save everyone in this war. Steve, Steve… This is not what we came here to do. No, but it’s what I’m going to do. Diana! What the bloody hell is she playing at? She’s taking all the fire!
Let’s go! Stay down! Stay down! That’s an order! Go, now! She’s done it!
She’s got them on the run! Get down, get down! She’s done it! Steve! Let’s go! Come on, go! Stay here. I’ll go ahead.